Friday, September 5, 2014

Wyoming EPSCoR Welcomes Newest Addition

Wyoming EPSCoR would like to welcome Manasseh Franklin, our new Communications Graduate Assistant!

After earning her Bachelor’s degree in Professional Writing and International Studies, Manasseh traveled and interned at various magazines, including Rock and Ice, Yoga International, and Afar magazines.

Manasseh visiting Mt. Everest
Manasseh is currently a graduate student in the Creative Writing Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) program at the University of Wyoming.

“I’m getting my MFA in Creative Nonfiction Writing and Environment and Natural Resources,” she says. “I’m focusing mostly on weaving science into narrative.”

Manasseh is excited to work with Wyoming EPSCoR, and is looking forward to learning more about how to integrate science and communication.

“One of my big focuses with writing my thesis is getting closer to solving the riddle of how to communicate science to people in a way that they can relate to it,” she says. “I think that I’ll be able to get a lot of insight from this position into getting closer to figuring out effective ways of communicating science.”

Along with writing, Manasseh also enjoys skiing, backpacking, running, biking and traveling.


Welcome to the team, Manasseh!

By Robin Rasmussen
Photo Courtesy of Manasseh Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment